Monday, March 24, 2008
V's pet band of the moment
So I'm all about One Republic lately. I don't listen to the radio much, but a couple of weeks ago I was in the car and I heard this amazing song. I googled it, and it turned out to be a Timbaland remix of this song by One Republic. The Timbaland remix was great (I can't believe I'm actually writing that), but I was curious as to what they'd sound like without an R&B mastermind at the helm, so I gave their album a listen. OMG y'all, it's some gorgeous music. Incidentally, they're using this song in the ads for Atonement on DVD. Atonement made me cry like the girl I am.

Most of the videos on YouTube were of the inferior Timbaland remix. I mean, feel free to go looking for that if you're curious - but I much prefer the original. This is apparently a fan-made video, and is possibly the most professional fan-made YouTube video I've ever seen. It has production values and editing and stuff. Hey E, give this another chance. The one I made you listen to last weekend was the remixed version, I bet you'll like this a lot more.

<