Monday, March 17, 2008
State Of The Blog Address
In which Marchy March is the Funky Month.

I heard someone say that on the radio this morning, and it really stuck with me. I don't know about y'all, but March 2008 has been frigging weird over here on my end.

I promise I've not abandoned you, dear readers. All three of you. Here is what's going on.

1. V's hard drive is failing. Like, seriously badwrong failing. It's only been through several miracles of technology and help from my geek friends that I'm still online (and as far as I can tell, saved all my critical data). That was a close call. A really close call.

2. It just occurred to me - my hard drive failure started on Saturday the 15th. Beware the Ides of March, yo. Now I'm picturing dozens of tiny Romans plunging knives into my poor hard drive. Et tu, Windows?

3. Tomorrow hopefully I'll have a shiny new hard drive and a fresh re-install of windows. Then I get to go through that whole fantastic process of Getting Things Back The Way I Like Them. Supplies needed: screwdriver, XP install disk, chocolate.

Once everything is up and running again, I'll get back to posting delicious snark.

Meanwhile, I just want to give a shout out to the brave people of Tibet. It's time the rest of the world did something about China's demented oppressive regime. I hear they're beating up school kids now, and that's taking evil to a whole new level. The only good point about this situation is that it's put Tibet back in the media spotlight. As a Buddhist, this situation is something I'm generally aware of, but I realize that the problems in Tibet are way below most peoples' radar. It really bothers me that the nations of the world can gang up on countries to steal their oil (under the pretense of 'helping' them), but we can't be arsed to step up and actually help the people who really need and deserve it. Okay, rant over.

I will now click the button that says "publish post" and hope that windows hangs in there long enough to get the job done...
<