Friday, January 04, 2008
A quick note on the changes
I thought it was about time I put a little more effort into customizing the blog, so now it looks different. The problem: I know my way around HTML and CSS just enough to do basic things. This was fine for Old Blogger. But now we have New Blogger, and New Blogger is being an elitist pig and only wanting to accept XML templates. So, unless I can somehow get my head around XML, there won't be any of the swanky new features like widgets or categories.

I reckon I have two options here.

1. Learn just enough XML to convert this HTML template into XML.

2. Choose one of the premade New Blogger XML templates that approximates the layout I'm shooting for here (probably Minima) and tweak it manually until it looks like this.

Right now I'm not sure which one will be less of a headache. Considering I've already spent the better part of this evening working on this HTML, I don't exactly relish the idea of having to basically start from scratch making that bland Minima template look nice. So my thoughts as of right now are leaning towards learning XML. Fun.

So, please bear with me (all four of you) while I try to make this blog more of a Quality Experience.
<