Sunday, November 25, 2007
This is going to be the best Christmas Walford's ever seen!
In which we pay tribute to EastEnders, and take this blog's Quality level down a few notches.

There are 30 days left until Christmas. I haven't done any of my shopping yet. Have you?

I was looking on YouTube for a clip of one of my favorite holiday songs, and couldn't find any that I really liked. But then I stumbled across this version, as sung by EastEnders' very own Alfie Moon and Kat Slater. On the one hand, they do a much better job of singing than I ever would have given them credit for. On the other hand, it's EastEnders. Don't get me wrong, I like EastEnders quite a lot. But...

Well, you'll see.

I'm not entirely clear on the scenario here. The actors are calling one another by their real names (Shane and Jessie), but are acting as if they're in character. Also, if anyone reading this (besides M) is familiar with EastEnders, you'll know that the notion of Kat Slater as a woman of virtue and morality is laughable at best. When she sings "my mother will start to worry," I have to wonder if they're just taking the piss. Anyway, here it is. It's kind of a train wreck. But here at Codename V, we like train wrecks.

<