Friday, November 16, 2007
Earliest Memory
My friend Lisa tagged me for this. I am supposed to:

1. Describe my earliest memory where the memory is clear, and where "clear" means I can depict at least three details.

2. Give an estimate of my age at the time.

3. Tag five other bloggers.

My absolute earliest memory is of swallowing a piece of hard candy whole, with the plastic wrapper still on. But I can't remember three details, so that one doesn't count.

I guess it would have to be this time that I was on a car trip with my parents. We were going to Charlotte, NC, and I threw up in the car. My parents drove this horrible avocado-green station wagon, and on car trips I would sprawl in the back of it with coloring books and toys. The time that I threw up, I was wearing a frilly pink dress. I hated frilly dresses, but my mom wouldn't dress me in anything else. I threw up all over it, and she got upset that the dress was ruined. We stopped off at some strip mall by the side of the road so that she could clean my dress at a laundromat. We must have been going somewhere important, to bother cleaning the dress on the way. I remember sitting in the laundromat in my tights and frilly pinafore.

I wasn't in school yet, but I remember liking Star Wars, so I must have been around four years old.

I don't know five other people with blogs, so as per usual the tagging policy is this: if you want it, take it.

Labels:

<