Friday, August 17, 2007
Holy Crap!
I saw Inland Empire this week, and it was just phenomenal. I'd say it's David Lynch's masterpiece. His films scare me in ways that no horror film can. I don't know why. It's a psychological thing. He shows you these images, I guess they sort of speak to your subconscious mind in a weird symbolic archetypal kind of way. These films are set in a world that is fundamentally wrong, and unsafe, and alien, yet everything seems calm on the surface. Gah, crap. Let's see y'all try to analyze David Lynch.

If you're a fan, I highly recommend this. In fact, I'd say it's compulsory viewing. Like, right now. Go watch it. Go. Now.

If you aren't a fan, you'll hate this. It's so bizarre I can't even begin to think about telling you what it's about. It's about... stuff. And things. But I'd say mostly it's about fear, and being lost inside your own ideas. Yeah, I'm making it sound really great. But hey, if you're already into David Lynch, you know what I'm talking about. It's all disambiguated and non-linear and all that jazz.

Here is a pretty decent trailer for it. Enjoy!


<