Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Daily Dharma
Yeah, I know this daily dharma thing has hardly been daily. Or monthly, even. We all know I'm not a hardcore blogger. But sometimes I do feel like making some kind of positive difference in the world.

Anyway, here's a song called "Change Your Mind" by Sister Hazel. I don't know what Sister Hazel's personal beliefs are, but as a Buddhist myself I find the message of this song to be overwhelmingly Buddhist. If you're not a Buddhist (and I don't think any of my readers are, and that's fine by me) I think you can still get something out of it - it's just a great message.

This kind of got me thinking - there are tons of Christian Contemporary bands out there, but how come nobody's putting out popular music from the POV of Eastern Philosophy? I'd listen to it. But maybe I'm weird.

Anyway, yeah. Enjoy the song. I don't think there's an official video for it. This seems to have clips from some TV show I've never seen. Not sure what it is, but I really like that blond girl's hair. All the other clips on YouTube were live and had crappy sound quality. I digress. I really hope y'all like it - I listen to this song whenever I'm having a bad day, and it reminds me where my perspective needs to be. If you want to be somebody else, change your mind :)

<