Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge. I'm trying not to lose my head.
In which V. has seen a mindless action film and will now say a few nice things about it.

So this afternoon I watched Crank, wherein Jason Statham plays an assassin who has been injected with a deadly poison. The poison affects his adrenal system, so he has to constantly keep his adrenaline up or else he'll die. He decides to use his last few hours to track down and kill the other assassin who did this to him.

This whole scenario is COMPLETELY IMPLAUSIBLE.

What follows is a sequence of elaborate car chases, fight scenes, and various extreme stunts, all of which are COMPLETELY IMPLAUSIBLE but serve to keep this guy's adrenaline waaaaay up there.

Need I tell you that this film was a hell of a lot of fun to watch? I enjoyed it. But then, I'm a fan of mindless action and murder/death/kill. This had a little of everything, and a healthy dose of humor to boot. Recommended, but not if you're in a serious mood or have a stick up your arse.
<