Monday, October 17, 2005
Behold, I have posted!
Some big news here at Codename V: general brilliant mastermind and all-around genius M will be joining as a contributor to this blog. He's known to appreciate a wide variety of books, films, music, etc. Plus he's a fan of Vikings. So I think you'll all like what he has to say. However, he still must get to the West Indies of his own accord.

Hopefully soon I'll be re-adding the links and things back to the sidebar there, with M's input. Comments will probably still be disabled, as I generally find comments to be problematic. But you don't want to hear all this boring administrative stuff. No, that's not what you come to Codename V for. No, you come here to be told what to do. And now I will tell you what to do.

You will watch Rome. If you're already on the Rome bandwagon, good for you! You get bonus points and a gold star! If not, I really have to insist that you give it a try. Ancient Romans are very nearly as cool as Vikings. This show has it all: humor, bloodshed, sex (gay and straight), scandal, graphic violence, graphic nudity, political intrigue... what more could you want? Nothing, that's what. So watch Rome, dammit!

If you have HBO OnDemand, you're lucky enough to be able to watch this from the beginning at your own leisure. If you have just plain old HBO, you have the following week to get all caught up, as it's my understanding that they plan to show it all again over two or three nights.

If you don't have HBO... well... you'll just have to miss out.

That's all I have to say at the moment. M and I saw loads and loads more films over the past couple of weeks, and I'll try and write those up later.
<