Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Viking Tuesday: we've hit the Viking jackpot
It's a banner day today, as we have several awesome Viking links for your enjoyment.

This first one comes to you courtesy of my friend Badcandle. Go and check out the Lego Vikings. Legos rock pretty hard. I so totally covet that lego boat. That dragon's not too shabby, either.

Next, here's a website for a television version of Ring of the Nibelungs. I haven't seen this yet, but M. has, and he says it's great. Just going by this website, it looks pretty slick. And hey, I'll watch anything with Max von Sydow in it.

And also from M: 50 Things You Need To Know About The Ring. Humorous look at the Wagner epic. Note: Wagner was batshit crazy. Maybe I'm a masochist, but part of me would sort of like to see the 15 hour incoherent opera...

Be sure to tune in tomorrow, as Viking Wednesday will be quite lurid. We'll learn about Berserkers and violent ritual death. Fun times!
<