Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Five things I totally heart this week
1. The Machinist
I got a copy of this film from M. recently, and sat down to watch it yesterday afternoon. 110% brilliance, is what I say. Christian Bale stars as a man emaciated by lack of sleep. He is haunted by accidents and visions and hallucinations and all sorts of chaos. Someone seems to be out to get him. There's a psychological mystery here, and the solving of it is a real mindfuck. I can't say enough good things about this, you should all go out and rent it straight away. And take note of how many times he chooses between right and left. Good stuff.

It kind of reminded me of another good film, One Point O, which you also should all go out and see straight away, although that may pose a bit of a challenge as I don't think it's available anywhere. Oh well.

2. Ronin Studios
My publisher. I've been working my ass off for the past few weeks on this comic. I don't know how much I'm really supposed to say about it, but I think it's tentatively titled "Shell" and based on what I've seen (the first half of the artwork), it's pretty strange.

3. Kasabian
I don't dig them as much as The Killers, but this band is pretty good. Very danceable, definitely going on my gym playlist. However, their eye candy level is quite low I'm sad to say.

4. The Killers

Because I say so. And because the lead singer is definitely hotter than anyone in Kasabian. And because I still haven't gotten sick of hearing Mr. Brightside.

5. Salad Fingers
Come on. You had to see this coming. With each passing day, my devotion to this darkly psychotic flash series grows stronger, ever stronger. Whoever thought this up is a genius. It manages to be kind of whimsical, yet full-on sick and weird all at the same time.

For the curious, the full series (along with some parodies, spin-offs, and fan fiction) can be found here.

What's the matter, Mister Fingers? Don't you like my mouth-words?
<