Saturday, April 30, 2005
Pre-emptive mockery
In which V. has ethical qualms about making fun of a film about a retarded person, even though that film is guaranteed to be hilariously bad.

Regarding tomorrow night's CBS film Riding The Bus With My Sister, as much as I am tempted to watch it and write it up for this blog, I really don't think I can bring myself to do it. Firstly, I'd have to actually watch it. Granted, the previews alone reek of unintentional humor. But I'm not sure that's enough to counteract the profound level of revulsion I feel towards Andie MacDowell. And towards Rosie, for that matter. Good lord. I mean, really. Have you guys seen Rosie O'Donnell's Blog? It reads like a second grade creative writing assignment. Or maybe crackhead haiku.

But anyway, I digress. Certainly I encourage all of you to watch this film, as I'm sure it will provide you and your loved ones with a healthy dose of cruel laughter. Also, I think Eli summed it up beautifully a few days ago when he mentioned to me that Rosie's character brought to mind the time Cartman tried out for the Special Olympics.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
How the #@%! should I know? I'm retarded. DURRR!


Remarkably apt, really. But I think I'll just stop there.
<