Thursday, March 24, 2005
Five things I totally heart this week
1. The Lyre of Orpheus
Anyone who spends any amount of quality time with me knows that I'm all about Nick Cave. The Lyre of Orpheus is part of a double album that was released last fall. I've been listening to it all morning, and it flipping ROCKS. In mere days, the eagerly anticipated B-Sides and Rarities disc will be available. In the interest of promoting good musical values, I feel that I must urge all of you to go out and buy it, and listen to it many, many times.

2. Scarlett Johansson
Miss Johansson is so pretty. I would like to be that pretty, but I'm stuck with kind of a Daria vibe (true story: I went to a Halloween party once dressed in my normal clothes, and everyone thought I was supposed to be Daria. How sad is that...). I digress. Scarlett Johansson. Pretty. And a very talented actress. She has way too much talent to be only... what, nineteen? Geez.

3. Good weather It's 72 degrees here today. Maybe even warmer, depending on how much faith you put in the weather channel. I like it. I'm wearing shorts in March. This is how life should be. Here in the south we skip right over Spring and start Summer early. This would pass as a heat wave in England, some things I just don't miss.

4. Forensic Files
This show is like real-life CSI. I watch a hell of a lot of CSI, and I watch a hell of a lot of Forensic Files. You can tell it's affecting my brain, because I incorporate phrases like "compromising the scene" and "let's run it through AFIS" into normal everyday conversation.

5. Atkins backlash
So they say this low-carb craze is losing steam. It's about frigging time. As a strict vegetarian, it's not exactly like I can jump on the all-steak-all-the-time bandwagon anyway. And carbs are tasty. Having a bit of cake isn't going to hurt anyone. Having several slices of cake every day, well that's another story. Geez, people. Just eat sensibly, treat yourself in moderation, and get off your lazy arses and do some exercise. Common sense.

Honorable mention goes to The Killers, who I still totally heart.
<