Sunday, July 24, 2005
Ten Songs
Well, looks like NYMary has given me something to think about this afternoon...

List ten songs that you are currently digging...it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.

In no particular order...

1. "Bachelorette" by Bjork. "I'm a fountain of blood, in the shape of a girl..." Too awesome. I think I must have listened to this at least a dozen times last week. I like Bjork.

2. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. I totally heart The Killers, totally. And this song is probably my favorite of theirs.

3. "Dancing With Myself" by Billy Idol. Timeless. I've been playing this in the car a lot.

4. "We Formed A Band" by Art Brut. Art Brut is a British punk band, about as skilled as The Sex Pistols and not the best lyricists ever. In fact, the lyrics of this song seem to be mostly "Formed a band, we formed a band, look at us, we formed a band, formed a band", etc, etc, ad nauseum. It's stupid. And I quite like it.

5. "Run" by Snow Patrol. I've been digging this since, like, February. It sort of reminds me of someone I used to know and miss very much.

6. "Can You Picture That" by The Electric Mayhem Band. Perhaps technically not a real band, but still a brilliant song. "Beat down the walls, begin, believe, behold, begat..." yeah, I can picture that. Those are genuinely good lyrics.

7. "How Soon Is Now" by The Smiths. Can't be a proper goth without one's Smiths, now can one. I don't think a week has gone by since I was 15 that I haven't listened to this song at least once.

8. "So Alive" by Love And Rockets. Can't be a proper goth without one's Bauhaus splinter band, either. This song takes me back to 8th grade, and hanging out with my first boyfriend. He was a pro skater. Rock.

9. "What'll I Do" by... erm... I think Irving Berlin, but I'm not completely sure. It's from The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I'm 99% certain I was a flapper in a former life. It's kind of a wonder there isn't more period music represented on this list. A goth flapper, draw your own conclusions.

10. "Only When I Lose Myself" by Depeche Mode. DM is tied with Tom Waits & Nick Cave for Favorite Band. David Gahan has a voice like velvet sex. And he's TORMENTED. Tormented, I say. Dark and Moody and TORMENTED. And I must say, I'm a girl that quite likes her dark and moody tormented boys with voices like velvet sex. Rawk, Depeche Mode.

Errm... I don't think I know five more people with blogs who won't already have been tagged for this. I suck.
<